I recently purchased something from Annie’s Blue Ribbon Store in Brooklyn (blueribbongeneralstore.com) and love that the store’s motto is “Selection of the Best Life Has to Offer.” I also love that, with my order, came a postcard titled “Ten Essential Steps for Having a Blue Ribbon Day.” I thought I’d share them with you:
- Follow your dreams and listen to your heart.
- Appreciate your loved ones and show them you love them.
- Be kind to strangers and smile!
- Take risks and accept that life is not always about being comfortable.
- Be present in your home, at your workplace, with your family, in your community.
- Grow something (and enjoy nature!)
- Make a child laugh.
- Celebrate every day.
- Take time to relax and unwind.
- Discover someplace or something new.
I hope all of you have a Blue Ribbon Day!